Our first "tag"
Diane, over at Te Deum Laudamus tagged us. Our first tag! Since this is a community blog (which is different from a "group" blog) the answers are kind of difficult but we'll give it a shot!!
These are the rules:
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habit/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favourite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
7 non-important things/habits/quirks about the Dominican Nuns
1. We live on the corner of Morris and Springfield Ave and have a railroad, condos and a non-denominational church on the others side of us.
2. The whole monastery building is quirky because it was originally going to be a 15 altar basilica to our Lady of the Rosary; it was built quirky, ie. character!
3. There are usually 4-7 wild rabbits in the gardens during the spring/summer season and only 2 show their faces (and fur) during the winter.
4. Our choir seats 52 but our monastery could never fit more than 40 nuns.
5. The marble columns that hold up the baldacchino and the swinging doors in the back of the extern chapel are from the cocktail lounge of the original Waldorf Astoria.
6. The basement used to be a crypt chapel. The 3 stairs going up to the "paint room" were the 3 steps in the sanctuary.
7. More nuns like dark chocolate than milk chocolate. Sr. Joseph Maria, Sr. Mary Catharine and Sr. Maria Agnes compete for the coconut chocolate from any box.
Now THAT is useless trivia!!!
As for 7 of our favorite blogs, we'll pass on that! We don't want to make any enemies! :-)